Samstag, 13. Juni 2009

GRUESSE AUS CHICAGO - GREETINGS FROM CHICAGO

Schoene Gruesse aus Chicago an meine Leser. Im Augenblick geniesse ich noch die Zeit hier in meiner alten Heimat. Seit 2005, der Zeit meiner Abreise, sind viele neue Gebaeude entstanden und mehr denn je ist diese Stadt eine Reise wert. Morgen geht es dann weiter nach Ohio.
Greetings from Chicago to all my readers out there. I am having a good time in the Chicago area that used to be my home. From the time I left in 2005 many new buildings had been errected in the city . It is just a wonderful place to visit I must say. Tomorrow I will continue my trip to Ohio, to the land of fiberart.

Die roten Punkte sind Fensterputzer, die an Seilen haengen und schwindelfrei sein muessen.
The red dots in this picture are nothing but men hanging from a rope while cleaning windows. They certainly can't be afraid of heights.

Gruene Feuerleiter bieten eine farbige Abwechslung .
The green color of the fire stairwells are a nice accent to red and grey buildings

Alt und neu kombiniert
Old and new combined

Die "Bohne" ist eine Skulptur im Millenium Park aus poliertem Stahl, in der sich die Umgebung auf interessanter Weise spiegelt.
The "bean" is a wonderful sculpture you can find in the Millenium Park .Its polished steel reflects the surroundings beautifully.





Im selben Park steht die Konzerthalle aus Stahl, gebaut von dem amerikanischem Architekten Gerry.
The great concerthall built by Gerry is a wonderfull asset to the park.











1 Kommentar:

  1. Thank you for posting such wonderful pictures of my hometown! I'm afraid that is all I ever get to see of it, but perhaps sometime soon I will get a closer look as we are definitely going to Tennessee instead of Germany. At least for the short run. Enjoy your time in the states!

    AntwortenLöschen